Hi, people!
We are entering the last step of our course. It is time to go further into the English language. Let's try with some poetry. Here is a link to one of the most famous songs of the seventies: "Hotel California".
Listen to the song. Enjoy it.
Then listen and read de lyrics in this other link.
We are going to discuss the meaning of this poem.
Bye. Alberto
PS. Download de lyrics here and complete the gaps. Discuss
We are entering the last step of our course. It is time to go further into the English language. Let's try with some poetry. Here is a link to one of the most famous songs of the seventies: "Hotel California".
Listen to the song. Enjoy it.
Then listen and read de lyrics in this other link.
We are going to discuss the meaning of this poem.
Bye. Alberto
PS. Download de lyrics here and complete the gaps. Discuss
32 comentarios:
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can never leave find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I rembember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
Nicolas Pechi 3º2
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just
prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
Bryan Castro 3º2
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can never leave find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I rembember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
Sebastián Pereyra
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up through the air, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the missions bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California_
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
how they dance in the_courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine "
And still those voices are calling from far away,
wake up _in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ince
And she said "We are all just prisioners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"y was runing for the door I had to find passage , " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
BRAHIAN ARIAS
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up through the air, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the missions bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California_
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
how they dance in the_courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine "
And still those voices are calling from far away,
wake up _in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ince
And she said "We are all just prisioners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"y was runing for the door I had to find passage , " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
ANYELINA GOMEZ
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ,ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the ________________________,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely Welcome to the Hotel California
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You ______________ find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
, sweet summer sweat. How they dance in the courtyard
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the _________________________,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
_________________________ in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just __________________ here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for ___________________________
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I__________________________, I was
Running for the door
I had to find ___________________________________
To the place I was before
"___________________________, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you _______________________________________! "
romina fernandez 3.3
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the Wake you up,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely Welcome to the Hotel California
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You ______________ find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
____________________________, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the _________________________,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since ____________________________________________"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
_________________________ in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
____________________________________ face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink _____________________________________
And she said "We are all just __________________ here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for ___________________________
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I__________________________, I was
Running for the door
I had to find ___________________________________
To the place I was before
"___________________________, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you _______________________________________! "
Ximena Rodriguez
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the _Captain
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you upin the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovelyace
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered forface
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I__________________________, I was
Running for the door
I had to find ___________________________________
To the place I was before
"___________________________, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you _______________________________________! "
Nicolas Rossi y Camila silvera
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up _______________________, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I _heard the mission bell How they dance in the courtyard
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You ______________ find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
____________________________, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the _________________________,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since ____________________________________________"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
courtyard
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You ______________ find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
____________________________, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the _________________________,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since ____________________________________________"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
_________________________ in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
franco gonzalez
Hotel California a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First We think that the song its how Don Henley said. He said that the song was about a “travel from the inocence to the experience”. All around the drug's world. Because the lyrics tell a history and said kinds how:
“Highway”= Life
“She”= related to drugs
“Check out”=Intention to leave
“Can never leave “=leave the drugs because the drugs its a “prison”. And If u enter here, You cant leave it.
Finally the songs its a metaphor, It isn't literal.
And We think that they do this song because isn't common the theme, the drugs. These is so innovator to 70s.
Bryan Castro
Nicolas Pechi
3º2
the hotel california song is a topic with many sense , for which the listener lapuede interpreted in several ways, both can be like someone would be traveling in a place or road and suddenly who would be traveling is cun find a poster announcing the hotel , the same dirigiendoce meets someone who gives him the welcome, leads for some path has little iluninacion serious ..... this one posobles interpretations ; others say that this song is used in sastanicos mucica rites , whose commentary strongly linked to the members of the band who made a pact with the devil in using this theme ........ marcio Martinez
hotel california is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First saw a bright light on the dark road and stopped the car. Then hear a bell and thought if this place was heaven or hell, the way she lit a candle. After that hear voices down the corridor you were saying welcome to Hotel California. Finally the last thing he remembered was that he was running for the door to find a passage that will take you to the place I was before, which he knew was not the path he chose was a path of no return. I think song tells the history of a person who is in the world of drugs, but that fails try to leave, because after the first time you consume no way out.
Paola Silva, Victoria Morales 3º2
The song Hotel California is a topic with many sense. The listener can interprete it in several ways. It can be like someone traveling along the road and suddenly he finds a poster announcing the hotel. At the hotel, he meets someone who gives him the welcome, leads for some path with little ilunination.One possible interpretation.He others say that this song is used in sastanicos mucica rites , whose commentary strongly linked to the members of the band who made a pact with the devil in using this theme ........ Marcio Martinez
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
Luciano Garcia, Giuliana Miraldo
hotel california is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First saw a bright light on the dark road and stopped the car. Then hear a bell and thought if this place was heaven or hell, the way she lit a candle. After that hear voices down the corridor you were saying welcome to Hotel California. Finally the last thing he remembered was that he was running for the door to find a passage that will take you to the place I was before, which he knew was not the path he chose was a path of no return. I think song tells the history of a person who is in the world of drugs, but that fails try to leave, because after the first time you consume no way out.
Paola Silva
Victoria Morales
3º2
hotel california is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First saw a bright light on the dark road and stopped the car. Then hear a bell and thought if this place was heaven or hell, the way she lit a candle. After that hear voices down the corridor you were saying welcome to Hotel California. Finally the last thing he remembered was that he was running for the door to find a passage that will take you to the place I was before, which he knew was not the path he chose was a path of no return. I think song tells the history of a person who is in the world of drugs, but that fails try to leave, because after the first time you consume no way out.
Paola Silva
Victoria Morales
3º2
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the _Captain
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you upin the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovelyace
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered forface
Nicolas rossi
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the Wake you up,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
Ximena, Martin.
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up through the air, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the missions bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California_
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
how they dance in the_courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine "
And still those voices are calling from far away,
wake up _in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ince
And she said "We are all just prisioners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"y was runing for the door I had to find passage , " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
ANYELINA GOMEZ
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind 12
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up 5, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for 13
There she stood in the doorway;
I 10
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the in my hair,
I thought I heard them say...
1
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely 19
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You 9 find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
11, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the 2,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since 14"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
18 in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
17 face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink 3
And she said "We are all just20 here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for 6
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I4, I was
Running for the door
I had to find7
To the place I was before
8 " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you16! "
emiliano garcia, marcos sosa ,franco sosa 3º1
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing Iremember I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
Relax " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave "
ondina martinez ,luis forena
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corrido,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can never leave find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the remember,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
GABRIELA SILVEIRA 3º1
Hotel California is a very popular song from the seventies . I am going to propose what it is about. First, the boy is on the road. Then he is enjoying the cool breeze and the scent of flower.Aftert that the distance,a light guided him.He was tired and he stop ped , thinking she was there.She showed him the way to hotel california It can be paradise or hell.finally he will al ways remember and will not leave this place.
ANYELINA GOMEZ
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ,ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor.
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friend
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away, Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave ! "
Stefania Garin 3°3
Hotel California is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First he saw a bright light on the dark road and stopped the car. Then he heard a bell and thought if that place was heaven or hell. She lit the way with a candle. After that he heard voices down the corridor. They were saying “Welcome to the Hotel California”. Finally the last thing he remembered was that he was running for the door to find a passage that will take him to the place he was before. But there was a path of no return. I think song tells the history of a person who is in the world of drugs, but that fails to leave it, because after the first time you consume there is no way out.
Paola Silva
Victoria Morales
3º2
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the _Captain
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you upin the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovelyace
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered forface
Nicolas rossi
Camila SILVERA 3-3
hotel california is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First saw a bright light on the dark road and stopped the car. Then hear a bell and thought if this place was heaven or hell, the way she lit a candle. After that hear voices down the corridor you were saying welcome to Hotel California. Finally the last thing he remembered was that he was running for the door to find a passage that will take you to the place I was before, which he knew was not the path he chose was a path of no return. I think song tells the history of a person who is in the world of drugs, but that fails try to leave, because after the first time you consume no way out.
Maria jose oxley
.
Hotel California
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor
I thought I heay...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard
, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain, "Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners
here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "
Fill the gaps with the following wrod or words
Paula Machado, Franco Gonzalez 3º3
Hotel California is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First, highway is life. Then…she and candle are related to drugs. After that…steely knives is syringes. Finally…check out is the intention to leave drugs and can never leave is “drug is a prison”. I think the song is beautiful and tells if you get in to drugs you will lose your life
highway is life.
she and candle are related to drugs.
steely knives is syringes.
check out is the intention to leave drugs.
can never leave is “drug is a prison”.
Camila Silvera
nicolas
3ª3
Hotel California is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about. First he saw a bright light on the dark road and stopped the car. Then he heard a bell and he thought if this place was heaven or hell. She lit a candle on the way . Finally he heard voices down the corridor. They were saying "Welcome to the Hotel California". I think the song is a story about drugs. "You can never leave".
Stefania Garin 3°3
Hotel California is a very popular song from the seventies. I am going to propose what it is about.
First highway is life. Then he saw a bright light. After that he saw her and he listened “Welcome to the hotel California”. She had a lovely face. I think the song tells the history of a person who is in the world of drugs. But he fails to leave it. Once you consume there is no way out.
Ximena
Publicar un comentario